Monday, January 14, 2013

~*~ Maternity Monday ~*~

** So, I've been writing about this pregnancy every Monday on Facebook. And, I've been wanting to get back into posting on this blog again. I decided I would post my Maternity Monday updates here too! Small update, I'm 26 weeks along, and we know the baby is a BOY! He'll be named Curtis Jon and we just can't wait to meet him!! **

Well, it's Monday again, so here I am talking about the baby... Yesterday, Chris, Rachel, and I hit the Baby's R Us and added a ton of stuff to the registry. It was exhausting! It took a really long time, and we were entirely clueless about what to put on the list... Thankfully, they gave us a suggested list, which we put Rachel in charge of, and she guided us from one section of the store to the next. Having that list really made me and Chris focus on one product category at a time. Still, we were not and are not done or even close to done really.

The emails say the baby is the size of an English Hothouse Cucumber. Who in the US is familiar with this particular piece of fruit?? It's amusing in a serious way if you ask me... I got some actual really nice maternity jeans designed by Heidi Klum. Turns out she has spent enough time being pregnant to really know what to look for in some pregnancy jeans. They fit pretty well, and they look so much better than the sloppy ones I have from the Burlington, which it turns out are actually too big...

Emotionally, I think I'm doing pretty ok with the whole thing. I'm feeling a bit traumatized by the weight I've been putting on, which I'm sure will be worse tomorrow as I have an appointment with my WLS surgeon. But, the important thing is that she'll be able to tell me how my vitamin levels are doing with the pregnancy, which is important information! It's still overwhelming watching plans change and feeling like I don't know what is going to happen or when, but I'm trying to just go with the flow, which is a challenge for me. At the end of the day, seeing Curtis' smile will be worth all of the uncertainty and I just don't care what house, or what city, I see that smile in as long as I get to see it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment