Thursday, January 15, 2009

ADSR Continues!! :D

So, Challenge 4 is the altered art challenge this year! I was so super nervous, I actually posted in our thread that this was my first attempt, lol...


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Journaling Reads:
Our biggest fear is not that we are inadeguate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be Brilliant, or gorgeous, or talented, or Fabulous?" Actually, who are you not to be? - Marianne Williamson

This is the most amazing quote! I try to remember it every day! I have to remind myself over and over that not only is this quote for my children, who I try to teach to live this way, but it is true for ME- the mom, the wife, the woman. I find it so easy to forget that we all have a responsibility to be as amazing as possible! This quote helps me remember so I can dust myself off and keep going!

**These are pictures of my daughter Rachel, who was 7 at the time, performing with the Fern Street Junior Circus in San Diego. Also, I really believe in this quote!! I thought it was part of the challenge to INSPIRE so I wanted to really say something positive with my page!

I made one of these for my daughter that says, "Never forget how it feels to fly," I think I'm going to get it printed and framed for her room!! :D

This is my first real attempt at a layout of this style. I feel like it really came together, lol... I really love how this turned out but I'm not sure if it is really my style. I don't think this is the kind of scrapper I am. But, it's nice to know that I can do it if I want to!! :D

It took me a lot of stuff to make this layout, lol... Some pieces from the following kits:
Girls of Rock N Roll by Jennifer Barrette,
Clearly Something by Wendy Page,
Amelie by Lindsay Jane
Gypsy Chick Sparkle Overlay
GO Media Brushes

Challenge 3 was to redo your first layout in one of your galleries:

Here's my layout for this challenge!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Credits for this page:
Template by Chrissy W
Most of this page uses Zoe by Misty Cato with the following exceptions:
Patchwork flower by Jeni Cantrill from Potato Hunt Freebies
Pink/Glitter alpha by me, with a template from Amanda Rockwell and Glitter by Flergs

Which is a redo of this layout from March 2008!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Credits for this page:
Potato Hunt Freebies from Polka Dot Potato

It's funny because when I saw this layout in the gallery, I didn't think I wanted to redo it, and I had no clue how I was going to make it any better, because I always loved this Hammy layout. But, once I started playing with the pictures, I did find that there is a lot of new information I am able to apply to photos!! :D SO, I thought I would take some time here to talk about the new tricks I've used on this page that I didn't use on the last one... First off, I vignetted the photos so that Rachel's face would stand out more. I also edited the photos by increasing the saturation. These are two things that would not have dawned on me way back in the day, lol...

I also added a trim area to this layout, which is great and a very important thing I've learned to do so that I don't lose any of the main stuff when I have the page printed. The last really big thing I've done here that I never used to do is modify this template like a mad woman. I used to use the templates how they were, and would even go so far as to add a duplicate of a picture rather than alter the template. In this case, I added an additional picture, resized pictures, added things, took things away, moved the whole thing down, and so on.

Also, these days, if I find myself needing something, like an alpha to pull the title together, I will make it myself. I never used to feel confident doing that. I would search and search for what I was needing, whereas nowadays, I just make what I want and use it, lol...

So, I hope you like the new version more than the old version, which I'm finding very busy in not a great way. My husband and daughter both like the new version much better, and I do as well. When I started making it, I thought I was just doing it different, not better... But, in the end, I see that I was making it better, and I'm super glad I did!! :D

Huggles!!
~Sarah~

No comments:

Post a Comment