Thursday, July 10, 2008

ADSR Challenge 12!!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


I have to say that this is much harder than scrapping my own memories... I always seem to know how I want it to look when I am scrapping my own things, and this one, I wanted to be perfect for my partner! I am so glad I don't have to give credits for all the things I tried and rejected on this one!!

Products used:
Template by Kelley McDonald (heavily modified)
Papers from Pleasures by Dale Ann Cubbage (some colored)
Ribbon with Charm from Pleasures by Dale Ann Cubbage
Pressed flowers and grunge grid border by Cindy Doerksen.
Sparkly glitter from Lickety Split (in Birthday Grab Bag) by Lindsay Jane Designs

Linda's journaling reads:
A major accomplishment in my life...
I guess the first thing that comes to my mind would have to be my marriage and children.
I was rather rebellious as a teen and had decided at 15 that I would rather party than attend school, so I quit. I did manage to find a job even without my diploma, but when I became pregnant at age 17, I was scared and suffering from morning sickness, so once again... I quit.
I started dating my husband when I was 16 years old and he was 19. His mother was not happy about him dating me. She had told her sister that I was 'way too young' and would end up pregnant and he would be forced to marry me. Of course when I did become pregnant, it was all my fault, and after we told his mother of our plans to marry, the first thing I heard from his sister was his mother's comment that 'it will never last a year'. I could have easily taken another route, but it was time to prove to myself and everyone else that I could do something more with my life. So we decided to get married, and I was going to have this baby and be the best mother I could be. I was not going to quit!
I'm very proud to say that this year (2008) my husband and I will be married 30 years! We are the proud parents of 3 beautiful daughters and grandparents to 4 wonderful grandchildren, with number 5 due on our anniversary.
I may have been young, and I'm sure I wasn't the perfect mother, but I did the best I could and when I look at my daughters, I have to admit there is nothing I have accomplished in life that comes close to knowing I am responsible for bringing these wonderful people into the world.

I do have to say that I thought it was a drag that we ended the race on a challenge where only one partner scrapped. I think in the future they should make it so that for the last challenge, there are two layouts, just like most of the rest of the race. It would not have been very much more work for us to trade pictures and stories!! :D

Huggles!!
~Sarah~

No comments:

Post a Comment